Tuesday, August 24, 2010

CHEFS LOG ALASKA DATE AUGUST 15 2010



Fresh caught British Columbia Sockeye Salmon Filet seasoned with lots of Kosher Salt, Fresh Cracked Black Pepper, Tarragon and Herbs de Provence, drizzled and puddled with great ExtraVirgin Olive Oil and baked with Campari Tomatoes and Pearl Onions. Now, preheat the oven to 425 degrees and slip it in for 25-30 minutes. Take out of the oven and let rest 10 minutes. Enjoy the aroma.. As you plate, make sure you give everyone a tomato, pearl onions and scoop up all that goodness in the olive oil for every serving. Don't leave a drop of olive oil in the baking pan  as you will want it for the drippings on that good toasty baguette. Enjoy it all with a crisp glass of Sauvignon Blanc or earthy Pinot Noir.

A new charter begins. A family from Germany. Dad taking his 3 adult children to a place where he grew up, British Columbia, Canada. As you view the photos you will know why. We call this “Eighth Wonder of the World”. Beautiful, magnificent, breathtaking and grounding. To be here is to be centered. Its just the feeling you get. Ahhhh, I am blessed.
Merlin, Abbygayle, Thomas and Champagne (like the bubbly)
Fresh Shiitake and Baby Bella Mushrooms served with the Salmon. The secret to delicious flavorful mushrooms is a medium to high heat saute, quick, move them around, lots of room in the pan (do not overcrowd the pan or the mushrooms become mushy), good olive oil, splash of sherry vinegar, liberal sprinkling of Kosher Salt and Crack Pepper, Fresh Chopped Tarragon and finish with a Nugget of Unsalted Butter. Swirl and Serve.
Fresh Berries. Raspberries, Strawberries, Blackberries and Blueberries, a perfect dessert to a rich in flavor dinner, but you need something to set the your palate and make it ready for the burst of sweet and tart juices. I suggest serving it with a lemony frozen gelatto ... rich, creamy sweet and tart. Chocolate Espresso is a nice finish too! And come to think of it ... we all enjoyed a syrupy cool sip of Limoncello.
I am nearing the end of my journey, my summer on the MV Jamal. Catering to wonderful families and friends that inspire me and my cooking to new heights. I am rejuvinated, excited and anxious to return to home. My family, my friends and my clients … I promise delicious food, beautiful presentations and … I have to leave something as a surprise ... teehee ... 

No comments: